Running in tandem with the refurbishment and redevelopment of Perth Theatre, the Perth Theatre – Research, Record and Reveal project encourages the community to engage with the history and heritage of Perth Theatre. Through a range of initiatives, with volunteers, community groups and schools, we will research in the theatre archives, record oral histories from community members and reveal our findings in a variety of ways including an exhibition at Perth Museum and Gallery. Keep an eye on this page for more information on upcoming events, and opportunities for you to get involved.
Perth Theatre Memory Collective
The Perth Theatre Memory Collective is a volunteer programme for anyone 16+ with an interest in theatre and a curious mind! From people who have their own memories of Perth Theatre to those studying theatre or history, the collective is open to all levels of expertise. Working from now until the Perth Theatre reopens in 2017, the Memory Collective will be supported with training by a range of staff from Horsecross Arts, Perth Museum and Gallery and the A K Bell Library.
***We are now recruiting volunteers for the Memory Collective***
If you would like to find out more please email email@example.com
Oral History Research & Training Consultancy
Oral history heritage professionals serving Scotland and the UK
- Pennylands Camp 22 - Dumfries House Estate
- 'Twechar: An oral history of a pit village'
- Dunoon & Cowal Oral History Project
- 'Everyday People: Untold Stories'
- John Gray Centre, Haddington
- Perth Theatre Heritage Project
- Oral History at The Marie Trust
- ‘Securing the Memories’ of Gairloch Parish
- 'CELEBRATE: LGBT Cumbria'
- 'Paisley's Enchanted Threads'
- 'She Settles in the Shields'
- 'Holy Loch Heritage - the American Presence'
- 'Gie’s Peace'
- 'Jeely Jars and Seeing Stars': Glasgow’s Love Affair with the Movies
- 'An Oral History of Paisley's Thread Mills'
- 'East Dunbartonshire's War: WWI'
- 'Now Your Turn, Glasgow': An oral history of Easterhouse
- Glasgow Theatre Royal: 'An Oral History'
- 'Govanhill People's History'
- 'Diving for Pearls'
- 'Dunfermline's Museum & Art Gallery Project - "Speaking Of..." '
- 'Walking Back to the Future'