‘Securing the Memories’ of Gairloch Parish
(Gairloch, North-West Ross-shire, Scotland)
Gairloch Heritage Museum’s ‘Securing the Memories’ oral history research project is seeking to record ‘living history’ memories from within the community and further afield. With funding from Museums Galleries Scotland and The Robertson Trust, the project aims to discover more about how people used to live, and what it was like to use objects similar to the ones we have on display in our museum.
The project will also look into the Cold War history of Gairloch and, in particular, the disused Anti-Aircraft Operations Room that we hope will house the museum by 2019.
Sue will be coming to Gairloch in June 2015 to provide oral history training, after which our staff and volunteers will be ready to go!
If you would like to be involved in the project and/or have any memories to share, please contact Gairloch Heritage Museum at 01445 712287 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oral History Research & Training Consultancy
Oral history heritage professionals serving Scotland and the UK
- Pennylands Camp 22 - Dumfries House Estate
- 'Twechar: An oral history of a pit village'
- Dunoon & Cowal Oral History Project
- 'Everyday People: Untold Stories'
- John Gray Centre, Haddington
- Perth Theatre Heritage Project
- Oral History at The Marie Trust
- ‘Securing the Memories’ of Gairloch Parish
- 'CELEBRATE: LGBT Cumbria'
- 'Paisley's Enchanted Threads'
- 'She Settles in the Shields'
- 'Holy Loch Heritage - the American Presence'
- 'Gie’s Peace'
- 'Jeely Jars and Seeing Stars': Glasgow’s Love Affair with the Movies
- 'An Oral History of Paisley's Thread Mills'
- 'East Dunbartonshire's War: WWI'
- 'Now Your Turn, Glasgow': An oral history of Easterhouse
- Glasgow Theatre Royal: 'An Oral History'
- 'Govanhill People's History'
- 'Diving for Pearls'
- 'Dunfermline's Museum & Art Gallery Project - "Speaking Of..." '
- 'Walking Back to the Future'