The ‘Gie’s Peace’ project is an Anti-Sectarian initiative which operates in communities throughout Inverclyde. Inverclyde Community Development Trust, Trust Volunteering, is funded by the Scottish Government’s Community Safety Unit to take a community led approach to exploring the issue in Inverclyde. We plan to conduct and record oral history research interviews structured around respondents’ experiences of living in Inverclyde. Testimonies will be used to creatively explore the issues surrounding sectarianism and may contribute to creative outputs such as: the oral history archive, which will be deposited in a local museum or library; a public exhibition held in the local community; as a stimulus or direct contribution to creative development in the form of drama, music, graphic novel, visual art, film and creative writing. Click on the links below to learn more:
Gie’s Peace Online Hate Crime Advert (51 sec):
Gie’s Peace and Scottish Youth Theatre Drama Group Video Playlist (What we talked about!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTzR1qygbMM&list=PLV-U8q2y4tVcZBTaBR5zJiRwu4RF6tqEk
St Columba’s Online Hate Crime Awareness Campaign (2 min 7 sec):
Domestic Abuse/Sectarianism Short Film ( 6mins 11 sec):
Gie’s Peace Short Film “The Roman Brae” ( 7 mins 4 sec):
Inverclyde Community Development Trust
01475 553334 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Oral History Research & Training Consultancy
Oral history heritage professionals serving Scotland and the UK
- 'Back to the Future, West Lothian!'
- 'Sandend Beach - Memories and Concerns'
- 'Hellenic Glasgow - an oral history'
- Govan Fair's 'Treasures in our Midst'
- 'Glasgow's African Tales'
- Pennylands Camp 22 - Dumfries House Estate
- Macduff Revival
- 'Twechar: An oral history of a pit village'
- Dunoon & Cowal Oral History Project
- 'Everyday People: Untold Stories'
- John Gray Centre, Haddington
- Perth Theatre Heritage Project
- Oral History at The Marie Trust
- ‘Securing the Memories’ of Gairloch Parish
- 'CELEBRATE: LGBT Cumbria'
- 'Paisley's Enchanted Threads'
- 'She Settles in the Shields'
- 'Holy Loch Heritage - the American Presence'
- 'Gie’s Peace'
- 'Jeely Jars and Seeing Stars': Glasgow’s Love Affair with the Movies
- 'An Oral History of Paisley's Thread Mills'
- 'East Dunbartonshire's War: WWI'
- 'Now Your Turn, Glasgow': An oral history of Easterhouse
- Glasgow Theatre Royal: 'An Oral History'
- 'Govanhill People's History'
- 'Diving for Pearls'
- 'Dunfermline's Museum & Art Gallery Project - "Speaking Of..." '
- 'Walking Back to the Future'