Dunoon & Cowal Peninsula Oral History Project
(Cowal Peninsula, Scotland)
Dunoon Burgh Hall is currently undertaking an exciting oral history project. As part of the Heritage Lottery Fund Activity Plan we are collecting memories of Dunoon and Cowal’s rich past by recording interviews with people who have lived or worked in the area. We want to learn about experiences of childhood, family, places, work, leisure, and, in particular, about memories of their time in Dunoon Burgh Hall. The interviews will be summarised/partially transcribed and stored on the Burgh Hall website. At the end of the project, all the interviews will be made open to the public and researchers.
Oral History Training
All volunteers have attended a one day oral history training workshop delivered by Dr Sue Morrison, a professional oral historian who works with local history projects across the UK. Volunteers have learned oral history interviewing skills, methodology, ethics and copyright, and had opportunities to try out their new skills in practice interviews. Participating volunteers were pleased to receive certificates of training from Oral History Research and Training Consultancy.
To learn more, contact Jenny Hunter on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our pop up gallery on 33 Argyll Street, Dunoon www.dunoonburghhall.org.uk
Oral History Research & Training Consultancy
Oral history heritage professionals serving Scotland and the UK
- Pennylands Camp 22 - Dumfries House Estate
- 'Twechar: An oral history of a pit village'
- Dunoon & Cowal Oral History Project
- 'Everyday People: Untold Stories'
- John Gray Centre, Haddington
- Perth Theatre Heritage Project
- Oral History at The Marie Trust
- ‘Securing the Memories’ of Gairloch Parish
- 'CELEBRATE: LGBT Cumbria'
- 'Paisley's Enchanted Threads'
- 'She Settles in the Shields'
- 'Holy Loch Heritage - the American Presence'
- 'Gie’s Peace'
- 'Jeely Jars and Seeing Stars': Glasgow’s Love Affair with the Movies
- 'An Oral History of Paisley's Thread Mills'
- 'East Dunbartonshire's War: WWI'
- 'Now Your Turn, Glasgow': An oral history of Easterhouse
- Glasgow Theatre Royal: 'An Oral History'
- 'Govanhill People's History'
- 'Diving for Pearls'
- 'Dunfermline's Museum & Art Gallery Project - "Speaking Of..." '
- 'Walking Back to the Future'